Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Win

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 15, 2002 17:10:25 UTC

You have totally twisted my arguements around to support your own beliefs. That is just human nature, I do it as well. You are misinterpreting my statements. Bottom line - You think you are right and are using the bible and God to support your beliefs. I am using current scientific theory based on observational data to support my beliefs. I may be wrong and am willing to admit that. You, on the other hand, are not willing to admit the possibility that you don't have all the answers - so any debate is pointless.

Thanks for reaffirming my belief in the absurd nature of creationist rhetoric. You have actually done a disservice to your belief system and the people you believe in. If just one creationist would admit they might be wrong and would be willing to change their beliefs when presented with new evidence, I would have more respect for them.

So chalk up another win in the column for you and your kind. You are making progress and leaping our knowledge right back into the dark ages. What is next? Burning books and labeling people heretics. How about just supressing all thought and making the bible a mandatory text for all students. Good luck and God bless.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins