Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
1.20 Is True Because 1.19 Is True

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 10, 2002 14:23:15 UTC

The fact that F always equals zero carries through to V(x) always equaling zero if you use the delta function.

I now believe that the delta function is unnecessary. In fact I do not see how to made the derivation work using the delta function even allowing for the integration over the xi=xj point.

What should happen is the in the expression

F=xn-f

the integration over the domain of psi2 would pick up f but not xn so that V(x) becomes a function of f as you indicate in eq(2.5) I can get this by excluding xn from the integral, but I cannot get it by integrating over F as you claim to have done. When I integrate over F which is always equal to zero, all I ever get is zero.

So I think your resultis correct, but not the way you did it. But then as in the other post, going from the wave equation to the S eq is a fudge.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins