Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Tired Of Scrolling...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 29, 2002 15:02:23 UTC

Hi everybody -

Let me send an update to a few people.

Dolphin (Alan) -

Thank you for your post. It made me rethink a lot of things that I believe.
You wrote -
"no need for a purpose, only this unnatural life that the adult world has rammed down our throats as babies requires a "purpose". To babies, existence is self-fulfilling and exhilarating. No need to bow down to some adult "purpose"."

Response -
That is valid. Why do we get satisfaction out of our careers and ambitions? Because we have been socialized to believe our contributions to the economy and job market are the "purpose" for life. Those values are materialistic and devoid of humanity. Thank for clarifying for me what I already knew existed.

You wrote-
"do not deny or repress in yourself anything you ever felt, thought, experienced or did; be open to the awareness of even tiny, fleeting phenomena (that may even have no name); what counts is Existence, notice what exists, thus "every voice gets a hearing" i.e. no repression; it helps if you are loved (let be) by others."

Response-
Easier said than done. This is where it gets tough. Implementing philosophy into a "real" world that doesn't find much merit or worth in it is not an easy thing to accomplish. I try to maintain awareness of all experiences, but sometimes it gets hard to do in a world where pressures and stresses are mounting hourly. I don't repress, but seeing others repress gets me depressed. My depression leads to self-absorbed contemplation and thought, which keeps me from feeling the world around me. Make sense.

To Infinity and Bladesinger -
Lets bring our conversation back up to the top. I am very interested in the conversations that we are having. Bladesinger, are you from Indiana? I think I have heard of you before.

Aurino, Harv, and Dick -
Hi!!

Yanniru -
Cliff says hello and he is looking forward to quoting some scripture with you. He agrees with you that the story of creation is factual and to be taken literally. Go figure!

And Mike -
How is life? Good. I hope you get that rash looked at you told me about. That isn't a normal place for such a growing irritation. I think they have special creams.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins