Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Disappointing Post

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 30, 2002 14:31:30 UTC

Aurino,

You misunderstand. I do not treat those with doctorates in physics as idiots. I only challenge them when they stray outside of the factual aspects of their field - if I happen to know that they are doing so. It doesn't take a Ph.D. in physics to know when someone is doing so. I have many references which I could (and do) sight which tells me that some physicists are stating fact when actually they are stating opinion or philosophy.

On the other hand, you are taking the real accomplishments of physics with experimental confirmation that far, far excels your knowledge, and you are waving it off with unjustified reasons (which often you won't even cite even when pressed to do so). And, worse, you treat developing scientific views (e.g., quantum cosmology) as if it is complete fiction - simply because it contradicts your I-cannot-conceive-of-the-world-that-way view.

I still respect your opinions even though about 60% of what you say here is pure misunderstanding of science and philosophy. Anyone who is knowledgeable about these matters knows that you mostly don't know what you are talking about, but that's okay. I like you Aurino and I have high hopes that someday you will push yourself further in your desire to reason things out. And, when you do so, you will come to see Einstein, Gell-Man, and every other top mind in their field you've insulted as deserving of great respect.

Until then, I imagine you will continue saying ba-humbug to the achievements of science, but this is mostly out of ignorance. That's okay, it's an internet forum. Fortunately there's enough people here to dispel some of these inaccuracies.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins