Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh...r I - I - I - Ight

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 24, 2002 00:52:57 UTC

Thanks for the tip, Aurino, on behalf of all the "you" people to whom you were addressing it, but to whom you were not comparing Ted K.
We will try not to "start questioning things too deeply" whenever we sense you will be evaluating our mental health(s).

We don't always use the "general you" to advise folks not to question things too deeply or they'll wind up bonkers. I thought you were addressing Dr. Dick's actual corresponded thoughts.

Aurino to me

I made no such comparison, you are reading stuff that I didn't write.

Aurino to Dick

Actually, it sounds like you are trying to give yourself a hard time.

Dock Dk:
I just want to clarify exactly what I mean by the word truth (if that is actually possible).

Aurino:

The meaning of the word "truth" is as clear as the meaning of the word "no". In my mind anyway. You can't possibly question the meaning of every single word, either you take it for granted that some things are beyond reasonable doubt or you might as well pack your stuff and live in the mountains away from everyone else, Ted Kaczynski-style.

Ted, by the way, was an extremely intelligent person.

said Aurino.
I guess you are saying this typifies the dangers of questioning too deeply, ESPECIALLY if you are extremely intelligent. Or why did you throw in that last line?

Annoying but sincere regards,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins