Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Paraphrase Please

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 26, 2002 14:54:21 UTC

Hi Aurino,

Could you please summarize the Ted K. manifesto. I realize it is long and somewhat taxing, but if you wouldn't mind providing a few brief points about it I would greatly appreciate it. I understand some of the story because I followed it on the news. I knew he had some unorthodox viewpoints about society and government, but that is about it. If you don't want to explain maybe you know a link that I could check out myself.

This conversation interests me very much. I am not in the same intellectual league as a Ted K. or even an Aurino Souza, but I do become depressed and sullen at the deep questioning I find myself engaging in. Life, God, philosophy, religion, the beginning, the end, where did we come from, where are we going, what is the purpose, why is there no purpose. All of these questions are not healthy to think about on a daily basis and I find myself caught up in expending lots of mental energy on the contemplation of these subjects. Am I alone?

As far as the other part of the discussion about intelligence...

My academic career was very up and down. When I was young my IQ was scored as average. I graduated high school with a 3.0 GPA, and my SAT's were very low in math and extremely high on the verbal. When I got to college I was always on the deans list and graduated with honors. I don't think you can place any value on standardized testing, because it is only a reflection of your attitudes and environment at the time you are testing. In high school I was a stupid kid who was looking for a good time, cold beer, and fast women. In college I was looking for the same thing except I was looking for smart women instead!! Big difference.

Anyway...

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins