Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Forest, The Trees, And Forrest Gump

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on April 20, 2002 01:56:05 UTC

Dick,

I dare say we all learned our first tidbit of math after having developed a sense of 'individuality.' And, given your confidence, I think if fluid math were the basis of your work your conclusion would be that continuity is reality, and that no discrete segments of this continuity exist outside our imaginations.

>>>"If you carefully examine my work, you will see that continuity has completely vanished from what I call my 'knowable data'; all is discrete. Continuity remains only in the explanation: i.e., the mathematical model of reality."

We Western types arrived at continuity in mathematics a long time after we'd taken discrete mathematics for granted. Perhaps this attitude represents the human condition, an instinctive assessment of oneself as less than what one may consider, yet more substantial than absolute nothingness.

Sorry, but your failure to understand this is why I have little respect for your intellect.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins