Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry, But You Are Wrong, Luis

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on April 20, 2002 22:43:20 UTC

Hi Luis,

*****I think if fluid math were the basis of your work your conclusion would be that continuity is reality, and that no discrete segments of this continuity exist outside our imaginations.*****

I suspect you have not read Dick's paper. If you had, and if you understood what he did, you would realize that continuous math (I think that is what you mean by "fluid math") is the basis of his work. It is fairly late in his chain of inferences that he introduces the Dirac Delta Function, and thereby jettisons the need for, or dependence on, continuity.

I think you underestimate the amount of respect due Dick by you.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins