Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/astro/websites/astronomynet/htdocs/sitewide.php on line 4 A Few Answers - an Astronomy Net God & Science Forum Message
Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Few Answers

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 25, 2002 23:34:01 UTC

Does IQ change with age?

Yes, it decreases by the following formula:

IQ = IQo * Ao/A

Where IQ is your current IQ, A your current age, IQo your IQ when you first measured it, and Ao your age at the time. A 10 year-old child with an IQ of 150 will have gone down to 30 by the time he's 50.

How's that for a scientific explanation of senility?

I just picked up a book "The Mismeasure of Man" - it looks interesting. It's about the measure of intelligence and the history of mistakes we have made in attempting to measure intelligence

That's because the people who design IQ tests are usually as dumb as the people who care about their results.

btw, in 5th grade mine was 149... my buddy (who is now a H.S. dropout and likes to injure small animals and homeless people) had a 154.

Welcome to the genius club.

By the way, I flunked electromagnetism twice in engineering school. But then, Einstein flunked biology so I guess I'm in good company.

Smart regards,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins