Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Examine Your Comments Objectively

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on May 4, 2002 18:27:15 UTC

Aurino,

>>>"You and I have a long history of disagreement..."

We got off the wrong foot a long time ago, at counterbalance.org, because you referred to high functioning autistics as "idiot savants," and then refused to back down when I told you this is a term no longer used. You may recall that conversation, and I took the issue personally; a great deal of my life is focused on autistic individuals and I do know a thing or two about the current vernacular (this conversation is probably still available on counterbalance, if you need to refresh your memory).

As far as Brazilians who speak English, I know a couple Brazilians who speak English well. I collect breweriana, belong to clubs, etc, and for some strange reason Brazil boasts the highest number of breweriana fanatics of any South American country. But none speaks so fluently as you seem to. Besides, your reported IQ makes you a genius anyway (by most standards, 140 is 'genius'), though the humor is always appreciated.

Speaking of genius, I'm in the camp that believes genius and IQ aren't necessarily linked. For instance, Einstein would not have scored higher than every other physicist in his day, but his insights far outweigh those of his contemporaries.

As for the title of this post, consider --
>>>"I would never consider joining an association full of people who consider themselves better than 'the rest'."

I cannot recall any Mensa publication, bylaw, or even a member stating Mensans are "better" than anyone else. 'Smarter,' perhaps, but not 'better.'

You're being psychologically transparent; the poker face betrays you. You equate 'smarter' with 'better,' and so despite what I fear may be your intentions, we all see what it is you covet most.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins