Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Physics An Illusion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 13, 2002 16:17:16 UTC

From a few of your statements above, it appears that you do not believe in the laws of physics.

I have had problems on this forum convincing anyone that science and religion are basiclly the same thing. The problem I think is that everyone here more or less believes in science, especially the laws of physics. Their belief is so strong that they just accept them as facts and do not recognize them as beliefs.

So I am pleased to find that you think physics is an illusion. That means that you do not believe in the laws of physics. You rather believe that "The Universe is being freely created right now. It is not predictable." So I offer you to the forum as an example of someone who does not believe in the religion of physics and science. You are the evidence that physics requires belief.
----------------
It's strange that you use Staffords analysis as evidence of unpredictability when his analysis makes predictions. He makes predictions from definitions. So I am bewildered by what you mean there.
-------------------
As for my beliefs. God gave us laws of human behavior that can be groken. God also gave us laws of nature that cannot be broken. And the intelligence to discover them.

I believe that there is a physics explanation or model for all that you have experienced. The problem is in conducting proper experiments to verify the models. Regarding instant telepathy- remember that everything happens at the speed of light- which is instantly in the human experience.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins