Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Objective Reality

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 19, 2001 06:07:56 UTC

Hi Harv,

I am mystified. These posts:

Regarding Dr. Dick, Harv, Aurino, reality debate - December 17, 2001

To Richard Stafford and Harv - December 16, 2001
and

More on Harv, Dr. Dick; physics modelling debate
- December 16

along with the recent "Mandelbrot Relativity" post; focus in detail on what Dick is saying. Yet no response- maybe as soon as something unacceptable turns up Dick abandons reading? Or has not seen the arguments so does not realise how focused they are?

Would appreciate it if you could give some feedback. Incidentally; I disagree that one can not know objective reality. I would say that maybe one can only know objective reality; because reality is always objective. All there is is what there is; this doesn't mean one can't be fooled by illusions or make mistakes. But even in fantasy: the reality is the reality of fantasizing. But ultimately, always there is objective reality to be found, through honesty and responsibility.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins