Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Can We Talk?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on November 23, 2001 23:31:16 UTC

Hi Richard,

Someone famous once said something like "If you can't explain what you know in simple language that the ordinary person can understand, then you don't know what you are talking about".

I am an ordinary person, and quite frankly, some of what you say sounds like utter nonsense. It might sound that way to me because of my ignorance. It could also be because it is indeed nonsense. I would like to have a conversation with you to determine which case it is.

The two ideas you have expressed that I consider to be nonsense are 1) the idea of "seeing" dimensions, and 2) the idea that "compactifying" a dimension somehow makes a dimension less visible.

Since I am not an expert, I would like to discuss the issue with you using non-technical terms if possible. On the other hand, since I am not an expert, you may not be willing to waste your time discussing the issue with me. The latter may be the reason you have not responded to my attempts to engage you in a conversation on this very topic.

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/12565.shtml

and my post following it were my attempts to pose the question to you at my level of language. If you would care to discuss the questions, I would sincerely appreciate a response.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins