Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Answered This Yesterday, But

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 30, 2001 14:30:05 UTC

...apparently I posted the answer under the wrong topic. So here it is again, slightly modified (to straighten syntax irrelevant to the per seargument):

""
Alex,

You assume too much. First, that our math could properly describe in higher dimensions the inverse relationships of forces we understand via 3 spatial dimensions. And second, that models such as Kaluza-Klein are incorrect (we must conclude that you merely assume, since you never produce proper citation).

You haven't acknowledged the idea that gravity works very well with six more compactified dimensions, with which this 'inverse' business is rectified. And you haven't (publicly) considered that the Reimann/large-4d model has never been suitably disproved and thereby removed from theoretical physics.

I'm no physicist, but I'm able to recognize enough of these things from the stuff I read. Here's a link if you wish to explore some of these ideas online:

/

Incidentally, here is a quote from the above-mentioned website: "It's almost impossible to become a bona fide member of the cosmological 'priesthood' these days without believing in (the Euclidean Model)."

WOW! Alex is indeed a religious man.
""

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins