Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Major League Failure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 17, 2001 18:24:30 UTC

Alex,

I'm not a physicist, as I have clearly stated numerous times before. But you are, and for some reason my ideas bother you. Is it because my ideas are wrong, or is it because my ideas reflect the very concepts that kept you from becoming a success in your field? I think maybe you lash out at people like me because I can grasp things you -- with all your training and education -- cannot. You even go so far as to accuse me "quoting my ideas from others," which gives even further insight into this source of bitterness: How could a non-physicist grasp the very concepts that I cannot? He can't! He must have quoted these things from another physicist. Etc.

It's called denial.

If you see a child insisting that 2 + 2 = 5, would you stop and argue with that child? Of course not. If you're a big kid now, then I think you'd not still hang around all us toddlers.

Apparently something in my view of physics is powerful enough to evoke emotional reactions from folks who claim to be 'real' pysicists. If my understanding of things were so far below yours, then you'd not bother to reply.

Obviously I respect the degree you hold, and this is why I insist on arguing with you. But I present you with nothing mroe than what I say; there is "physicist" label that accompanies me. So, what is it about me that keeps you coming back?

>>>"Let's see what is your level of undertanding physics as you seem to be an 'expert' in discussing origins of laws of physics, in mathematics of higher dimensions, etc."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins