Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Taliban

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 22, 2001 18:02:22 UTC

I suppose the problem is, especially with issues of religion, is who is TRULY following the word of God? You would pull out quotes to support your position, and the warmongers would pull out quotes to support their position. The only possible conclusion is that in cases of subjective belief, you see what you want to see.

One thing that angers me the most about the media's portrayal of Afghanistan is that they don't show what is actually going on there. I had the misfortune to find a videotape on the internet which depicted Taliban executions, courtesy of a revolutionary faction in Afghanistan trying to show people the truth. It was sick. A person, wrapped in cloth so tightly he could not move, was held down while the executioner cut half of his head off with a hand saw. Another man was shot dead on a runway, and left there to rot (all the while Aghans walked by nonchalantly, going about their business.) Another was forced to wear a sign around his neck, full of Arabic writing, while he lied down in a mud pit. Then several turban wearing Afghan authorities pulled out their AK-47s and proceeded to take turns taking shots at his torso (one at a time, they even got in line.) Through all this, the man didn't even flinch. Finally, one sadistic Afghan reduced his head to the consistency of ground beef. I had no idea what was going on there was so intentionally cruel. After watching this, I felt sick for hours.

This is the price of fanaticism.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins