Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Because I Was Hoping To Hear Great Wisdom From You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 13, 2001 12:55:32 UTC

Harv,

I'm sorry, it's really hard to cope with the feeling of losing hope in the world. I do apologize for the bitterness, I'm feeling better today.

In a moment like this I wish I could see people reexamining their lives, their values, their understanding of the world. What upset me about your post (as well as Alex's) was that I think science is irrelevant in a dramatic situation such as this. When you see thousands of people dying for no reason you couldn't care less what evolution has to say, because what evolution has to say is not what we want to hear. I'm speaking for myself of course, but I'm sure I'm aligned with the majority.

You call yourself a religious person Harv, and I was really frustrated that you have not written a single word of religious wisdom concerning this situation. You trumpet too much about God but I haven't seen you describe how God could fit in this picture. I can't do the same myself so I can't blame you. I can tell you that when I saw those buildings crumbling down I got very angry with God, very angry. The picture of an indifferent God who created the universe and then sat down to watch its misery from a distance haunts me now as it never did before, not even when I lost loved ones.

Being, in my opinion, the wisest person here, I expected some comforting words from you. I'm still expecting, but I'll try to be more understanding if you fail.

May God bless us all (assuming He cares...)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins