Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Impossible To Allay Woes In Something Like This

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 13, 2001 14:26:52 UTC

"I think science is irrelevant in a dramatic situation such as this. When you see thousands of people dying for no reason you couldn't care less what evolution has to say, because what evolution has to say is not what we want to hear."

I know. The fact that it's not what we want to hear is all the more depressing. We long for a caring, nurturing universe that will save us from ourselves in the end, but I don't see one forthcoming.

"The picture of an indifferent God who created the universe and then sat down to watch its misery from a distance haunts me now as it never did before, not even when I lost loved ones."

It hurts like hell. I remember lying awake at night in agony over thoughts like these. An indifferent God is the only place I can find for him, if any at all. Believers will tell you "Those people are all up in eternal paradise right now, and the terrorists are burning in hell." Does that really make you feel any better?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins