Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fair Enough

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 13, 2001 15:48:33 UTC

Hi Harv,

I guess we are all moved by the realization that something can and must be done, and that we are somehow part of the solution even if we have no idea what we should be doing. Some think it's best to donate blood, others prefer to donate ideas, I think it's all worthwhile.

I do have a problem with your concept of an impersonal God but, as Dick would say, I probably lack the intellectual skills required to understand it. At least I learned to respect your points of view, that's great progress for me.

In any case, I accept the notion that growth and pain go hand in hand, but that doesn't make it less painful. Morbid as it may sound, I take solace in the fact that death will deliver us. I don't look forward to it, I just think it can't possibly be worse than this, especially since I don't believe in hell.

Warm regards

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins