Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Essence Of My Postition!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on October 12, 2004 21:43:53 UTC

Hi Harv,

No real problem talking here except for the fact that John Huggins has apparently decided that I am not a benefit to the forum. He could very well decide to cut me off here also (I presume his abrupt intervention on "God and Science" was directed at me as he has approved some posts of others but has approved none of mine and won't answer any of e-mails). So, until John cuts me off, I will try to talk to you.

Quite a while ago, you complained about Paul's suggestion that what I had done is discovered a new theorem. I had always pretty well disagreed with him on that issue but of course I am not a mathematician. At any rate, I thought about the issue and decided that, if I did have a mathematical proof of something, it was not exactly what Paul was thinking of. I wrote down the central issue of what I thought that proof had to be. By the time I had edited it and converted it to HTML, Huggins had cut me off so everything sort of went on hold there.

So, if you would like to comment on it, you can find the proof at

http://home.jam.rr.com/dicksfiles/Explain/Explain.htm

It is pretty straight forward logic and only involves simple mathematics which should be clear to anyone who has had high school calculus. Any clarification you need I would be happy to provide.

What I would really like to discuss would be the philosophical consequences which would flow from an admission of the validity of my statement.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins