Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Demons And The Approximate Truths (or Lies) They Share

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on December 18, 2004 18:57:13 UTC

Let me point out that, after some volume of information has been delivered, your "demon" will begin to have difficulty passing you information totally without content. Notice that, in order to provide you with nothing with which to create any rational expectations, he cannot ever repeat himself. Not only that, he cannot even pass any pieces of information which have any resemblance to anything he has already provided. And that is, "resemble in any way". If you receive any information which resembles anything you have already received (in any way at all), you have something which will skew your expectation to something other than "totally random". Remember, you are explaining the information the demon is sending, not the demon's source (that information is not available).

Just as an aside comment... I'm not saying the demon will pass information without content. What I'm saying is that the demon will always find a way to lie within the content that is passed (i.e., each individual element of 666 is composed of some lie). So, for example, you might later find out that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd elements of 666 were lies because you heard the 50th, 51st, and 52nd element of 666 and you caught the demon in a lie. However, you trust that 50th, 51st, and 52nd elements are really part of set A (which only God and the demon know), so you disregard 1st, 2nd, and 3rd elements as 'approximate truth' (or lies if you prefer that term). So on and so on you keep playing this game. And, when the next generation comes along, they just think they're smarter than the previous generation and they continue the process of believing lies until they can no longer accept them as valid. However, at no point does the demon "begin to have difficulty passing [them] information totally without content".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins