Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well Said, But...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 13, 2002 23:13:04 UTC

Einstein stepped in when observations could no longer be explained with Newtonian physics. Up until that point, Newtonian physics worked just fine. Right now, relativity is working just fine for most things. There are some exceptions (like dark matter and dark energy), and I'm willing to accept that perhaps major changes will need to be made in order to explain these things, but relativity WORKS to very high precision for the majority of our observations.

"I apologize for my unwillingness to study the equations for gravity and light transfer in curved space but it seemed logical to me that I would not be able to attain enough knowledge to accomplish this in my life time. "

Then perhaps you should acknowledge that you will not be able to change physics in your lifetime. Einstein could only make the changes he made after obtaining a deep understanding of the previous physics. Sometimes we just need to step back and admit our limitations. I don't want to discourage you from thinking, just from unrealistic expectations. Intelligence includes recognizing these limitations.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins