Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Seeing A Black Hole.........

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on March 3, 2001 18:39:32 UTC

nothing can escape from a black hole ..
not even light......
except its a case of hawking radiation........
so......
in different images we see of black holes provided by HUBBLE SPACE CRAFT ,CHANDRA AND OTHER SPCE TELESCOPES...we see light coming/originating/beginning from some source/object or distorted from some point in spacetime.........
actually i hav noty been able to interpret these images ......(which u can easily find at nasa or through balck hole search at yahoo or google..)

my qs..
1.has this light something to do with gravitational lensing by black holes ....or what.....????
2.i also want to know that how space telescopes get all those x-ray ,infra red images and else....
i am curious to leran abt the technique involved.??????
3.i also want to know why clocks slow down inside a black hole........(ie time dilation....i want some concept of this very phenomena)??????
4.what hapens to a person when he reaches a singularity..is it something like infinite curvature of space time and the end of existance of space time or existence........????

IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins