Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thats What I Hav Got....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on March 4, 2001 13:12:21 UTC

well
all the material i do hav or available to me from the two considerable libraries of the city (one belongs to my college and theother is a government kept one ) on astronomy ,relativity and quantum mechanics is well not much to write home abt.............
but
at the moment the only good material available to me is:
1.THE HAMLYN GUIDE TO ASTRONOMY by david baker...............
revised 1989 edition by hamlyn publishing group london.....
the book covers the following areas
(A)TELESCOPES
the author starts of in a comprehensive manner and explains the reflector,the refractor in detail accounting the behaviour of light through these devices and their types and instrument performance .........
the chapter ends on spectroscopy,telescope mountings and a note on large telescopes. with illustrations......
(B)STARS
the author expalins all the general and special information on stellar motion,star classes,sun,stellar evolution and related areas........
(C)CONSTELLATIONS
the author explains the celestial spheres and illustrated description of various constellations ......
(D)PLANETS
its all abt solar system ,its structurre in detail and also its evolution
(E)COMETS AND METEORITES
history,designation,structures,orbits,meteors,tektites and else .......
(F)THE GALAXIES
the milky waystrucutre of a galaxy,the spiral arms,galactic evolutionextra galactic nebulae,red shift,curvature of universe,answer to the q:the universe--evolutionary or steady state................???
(G)THE DEVELOPMENT OF CELESTIAL OBSERVATION
the author ends up explaining historical preface on the topic and the description of telescopes-on earth and in space...........
tables of the 20 brigthest stars,planetry data,the local group of galaxies,unbits of measurements etc.
glossary,furthur reading,greek alphabet and index.........................

2.RELATIVITY -THE SPECIAL AND GENERAL THEORY by albert einstein---late institute for advanced study,princeton,new jersey.................authorised translation by robert w.lawson--university of sheffield
the book authors claim that the book covers different areas of relativity without complex mathematics and its something that evrybody can understand............

3.THE GRAND ATLAS OF SOLAR SYSTEM.......a wonderful atlas approved by royal astronomical society britain.......................revised edition 1990

4.and ofcourse all that material from the internet..all sorts of links are welcome.....................

thats the best available to me and the citizens of sahiwal
i am also supposed to get a package of books like HYPERSPACE,BLACK HOLES AND BABY UNIVERSES,THE FIRST THREE MINUTES and one more book.......................

IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins