Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Time In BH

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bas on March 15, 2001 14:43:57 UTC

If you put an observer with a clock in a BH the time will be the same for the observer as the time outside the BH, only the time for observers out the BH time will go slower.
so if something is thrown in a BH the thing will be crushed instandly, but for the observers (from a distance of the BH) that something seems to stopt moving when it reaches the BH.

the Explanation of this is not easy, but the basic is that a object (sun, planet, BH) with a great mass makes a bubble/hole/curve (i don't know the exact word, my english isn't that good ;)) in space-time, and that makes time go slower for observers outside the curved space-time.
so if you leave earth in a spaceship traveling at light speed (the mass of the spaceship is than extreemly big) for let's say 1 year the real time on earth is 5.000 years later.

Bas

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins