Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Origin And Nature Of Magnetic Field.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 18, 2001 22:15:46 UTC

If I understand you correctly you are saying in this post that the magnetic field exists. There fore I deduce that it is part of the photon, using your definition of a proton, not mine. But in the previous post you said that the magnetic field is not part of the photon.

It's a little confusing to me as I do not think either the electric or the magnetic field arepart of the photon. Instead they become the photon for the sake of interaction. But that is my personal view.

I was taught that both to electric field and the magnetic field were part of the photon.

Now you say it is only the electric field, but apparently it can be subdivided into the static field and the difference between the static and dynamic field. Which in turn means that only the dynamic field really exists.

My guess is that these are variations on gauge theory and that mathematically I might be able to find a solution of Maxwell's equations entirely in terms of the dynamic magnetic field. You do ascribe to Maxwell's equations? Right?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins