Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: One More Thought

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on February 5, 2001 04:25:38 UTC

I agree with you that time is a dimension, but I disagree with your asumption that time is a dimension based on the earth sun relationship.

The whole last paragraph kinda threw me off.

-You think the center of the earth fuses elements into heavier ones and they are what we are made of, and not stardust? I have seen convincing evidence for the heavy elements being formed from supernova explosions. I don't think the earth's core has the energy/temperature/pressure enough to fuse *any* elements (I could be wrong).

-The earth is NOT mostly hade up of water. 70% of the surface is covered in water. We did a problem of physics once comparing the mass of water to the mass of everything else on earth. The average depth of water is 2.3 miles. The mass of water on earth turns out to be about 3 x 10^21 kg, while the mass of the earth is about 6 x 10^24 kg. As you can see, the water on the earth has about 1/2000 of the mass of the earth.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins