Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Believe Or Not To Believe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Al Gobeo on February 7, 2001 04:29:53 UTC

We all have a choice as to what we believe. The mind chooses to believe what it expects the truth to be. If I choose to believe in God, then my convictions will lead me to those thoughts or ideas that confirm Gods existence.

There are people who, just because they imagined something, think that something is true. Then they have to face the possibility that they’re thinking is wrong.

How easy is it for us to admit we are wrong? Sometimes it takes a mighty force or fall for one to admit he or she is wrong.

The point here is this, we believe in the things that we want to be true. We also tend to believe in the things that “sound true”. When a good speaker presents his argument in an eloquent manner, it sounded good to our ears, and we tend to believe.
Hay the guy could be a good liar, yet we bought his product.

If you were hung up on science, then you would believe any answer from a reputable scientist. If on the other hand, you lean toward the spiritual and God, then you might disregard scientific fact in favor of religious scriptures or dogma.

One last thing, we have the ability to learn new things. We also can change our mind. What we believe today may very well be proved to be false at some later date.

Trying to fit God and Science together is a very noble thing for those of us that believe in God and Science. The hard thing is to try to make it work for those who choose to believe in no god. It’s their free will, and it must be theirs to believe or not to believe.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins