Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How Can I Stablize My LXD55 Mount?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Nelson on October 6, 2003 04:30:34 UTC

I bought an LXD55 6" Refractor this summer, and I love this scope, but I'm running into a bit of a mount stability problem, which I was warned about when I bought this AR-6, but I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some ideas about ways I can tweak my tripod to stabilize it? It's a German Equatorial mount.

Basically, I can get a stable image, but if I touch the eyepiece with my face when I'm looking through it, or if I touch the telescope at all, or if my dog even walks across the patio when I'm looking, the image dances around quite a bit. It also makes focusing a bit of a challenge when the image is bouncing back and forth.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins