Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It’s Dead In Here!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on October 3, 2003 23:30:54 UTC

Hi,
I found this site only about a month ago and thought “This will be a great site”. I am surprised that there is not more activity in here with the popularity of Meade scopes and all. Maybe if they made the forum more user friendly or if perhaps we just start chatting more and asking more questions. In any case it sure would be nice to see more post from people with the same scopes.

I am new to astronomy and purchased a Meade 125-ETX in early August, I think I got the last one in the US that didn’t have a 6 to 8 week waiting list to receive it. So far I am loving it! The learning curve is not as bad as I thought it would be, of course I am cheating a little with the auto star.

I don’t mind spending money on fun little accessories but I also enjoy inventing things my self. So far I have made a red LED light strip for my eyepiece box (very sweet) and a adapter so I can use my digital camera with my scope (cost 2.00 and saved 189.00).

Questions:

Dew Shields:
Are dew shields just a sleeve that goes over the scope? What are they made of? Can I just Use a piece of corrugated cardboard, wrap it around my scope?

Alignment:
I have got to the point where I can tell the AutoStar to go to an object and it will come into view with my 26mm eyepiece but not dead center I think this is the best I can hope for but is there any one out there that is getting better results?

Favorite Things to Look At:
What are some of your favorite things to look at? I have been looking at the globular clusters lately, messier 13, 92… and also the Andromeda galaxy. I bought the scope mainly so I could see mars; it is ok but not what I expected. I got up at 4:00 AM a few weeks ago and looked at Saturn and that was impressive! I think Saturn is my favorite so far in my short time spent with astronomy.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins