Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on October 7, 2003 13:30:10 UTC

Hi Mark;
I don't know that cardboard is the way to go if your making your own dew shield since it will get wet. The Meade dew shields are great, they attach with thumb screws and are ridged. I've seen those wrap around type loose their shape and wrap in an oval or worse. I've seen two home made dew shields that worked fine, one made from a PVC tube, the other from a flower pot. It's basically just a sleeve and it also blocks glare.
Check out all the Messier objects, they are all visible and look real good in your scope. Here are a few not in the Messier catalog that should be visible in your, in Cass NGC 457 the Dragonfly cluster, in Cyg NGC 6826 the blinking planetary, in Her NGC 6229 a small globular, in And NGC 7662 the blue snowball, in Draco NGC 6543 the Cats eye nebula, in Peg NGC 7331 galaxy, in Aqu NGC 7009 the Saturn nebula, in Per NGC1023 galaxy, in Per NGC 884/886 the double cluster. Also don't miss the beautiful double stars Alberio in Cyg, Gamma Andomeda and the double double Epsilon Lyre (you need high magnification for this one, about 150x should do it).
I have about 250 items on my favorites list which I've seen with my 12"LX200 but I'm sure more than half and visible in your scope. Let me know when you need some more. Good luck.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins