Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God Believes In You!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Russell Carroll on July 17, 2001 00:14:33 UTC

Mario,

I am an evangelical christian, an you would probably label me a "fundamentalist". I have to tell you that I disagree with nearly everything your friend said as you report it. However, I do agree with him on this point: The Bible is a letter from God to each person, of which He has protected its integrity and accuracy since inception.

I would encourage you to read it for yourself if you truly wish to seek out what it say's. I, for one, am frequently astonished at the level of ignorance and clear misrepresenatation of the Bible that is common to both sides of a vigerous debate of Christianity. Start with the Gospel's (Greek for "Good News"). They are the books of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. They recount the life of Jesus from 4 different eye-witnesses.

Lastly, I am a former Astrophysicist. I met with Nobel laureate Charles Misner (gravitational theory) after winning the Westinghouse science award as a teen. His first words to me were "You know what I don't like about Astronomers??". "What?" I asked in stunned silence. "Whatever you look for, you find!"

An evolutionist by nature denies the existence God as a starting point, and to many physical scientist, is the real religous holy grail. I am truly fortunate that I rejected such an irrational leap of faith.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins