Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Am Getting Tired Of This!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 1, 2001 23:12:59 UTC

Dick,

>>>You believe your mental model of reality is reality and cannot seem to comprehend that it is a model generated by your subconscious.>I asked you to read my comment to Richard at the top of the page. From your comments either you had no comprehension of what I was saying or you did not read the post.>>H:"(i.e., contrary to what GR predicts)" D:
How about the Bell results?.>Let me reassert again that I am not presenting a theory, I am presenting a procedure for constructing an abstract model.>Also as an aside, you can quote me on this one, -- Any theory which is wrong when extended to the limits of it's arguments is "wrong". If the correct "theory" is ever found, it will be right in every respect. What you say above is pure magicians hogwash meant to distract attention from inadequate results.>H: "Let's define what a viable model of reality should be. In my view, a viable model should be able to account for all observables, provide useful predictions (at least in general), and give excellent explanation as to why the world looks as it does." D: I believe my model qualifies on every count.>H: "It should be able to do it in a machine-language way such that higher language commands can be translated into machine-language." D: I have no idea what this sentence means.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins