Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We May Be Getting Somewhere

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on May 5, 2001 00:02:12 UTC

Hi Harv,

I am glad you found something of what I wrote to be addressable. I do think we are on a close-enough wavelength to at least see what each other is talking about. Maybe a discussion between the two of us will enable Dick to see which of us has gone astray and where. Anyway, for what it is worth, here is my response to what you wrote.

>>>This makes Dick's model a foundationalist model.>but how does he obtain a foundationalist model if he is using the laws of symmetry that are already known, in part, to produce the physical laws?>P: It is non-reductionist in that it only models the 'physical layer'...H: I'm not following you here. A mathematical model can't address the subjective issue since math has nothing very relevant to say about psychology (or at least what I'm aware of). When we do math we simply are solving analytical problems.>>A mathematical model can't address the subjective issue since math has nothing very relevant to say about psychology (or at least what I'm aware of).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins