Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Don't Trust People Who Talk With The Dead

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 5, 2001 21:07:15 UTC

> I wonder how
> you can be so definite about the 1820 incident.
> I do not think resurrection happened, but
> communication could have happened. However, I
> even doubt that based on what was supposedly
> communicated.

I find it immensely more likely that Joseph Smith had a dream, an hallucination, or made it up than that a resurrected person who had died about 1800 years earlier came back with his father, the Creator of the universe to visit Joseph Smith. Actually, Smith's first version of the vision only said Jesus came to see him. His second version had "angels". It's only the last version, in which Jesus and Elohim came, that is promoted by the LDS church as being authentic.

Incredible claims require powerful evidence.
If I were God I would have provided a lot more evidence if I decided to come to Earth to establish My church.

Evidence for life-after-death is inadequate. I don't think even communication after death is possible.

I suggest you not trust anyone who claims to speak with the dead. They are either deceived or trying to deceive you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins