Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Listen To The Angel/devil On Your Shoulder

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 6, 2001 16:27:18 UTC

I tend to think of these "communications with the dead" as dialogues with ourselves. Sort of the devil on one shoulder, angel on the other sort of thing transposed to a deceased relative or friend.

You should listen to these "spirits" the same as you would yourself, since it is yourself in some psychological way.

I don't know if what these alteregos tell you is more important than the usual thought processes. Although quite ignorant of psychology practice, I think psychologists pay extra attention to what disturbed children have their play characters say since it often is closely related to what they are experiencing, but perhaps can't deal with normally.

Your experience that these spirits are as prone to error as we are supports, I think, my claim that they are just our own minds. An alternative explanation that I refute is that dead people are just as stupid after they die as when they lived. I think dead people are dead, they're less than stupid.

Is there a psychologist out there who can add to the discussion?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins