Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's More Important Not To Trust The Dead People That Talk To Yo

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 6, 2001 12:57:40 UTC

Having had some experience with "dead people talking"- could be the name of a book or movie- I think that the recepients of these communications should realize, whether they are products of their own imagination or real, that the source of the information conveyed is most likely no more knowledgeable than you are yourself.

Now since you do not believe that such communications exist, this warning has no import for you. But like the student scientist who believes anything he/she reads, the psychic is prone to put much too much credance on what they hear. Assuming for the moment that these dead people exist and communicate with us, which is my experience, my experience is also that they are prone to error just as we are. Their motive seems to be to influence us, and often in their minds the ends justifies the means. So the supernatural world has the same ethical problems that the real world has.

I feel the need to express this but feel a little strange expressing it to someone who rejects the whole concept to begin with.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins