Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Justice Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 6, 2001 23:12:59 UTC

It's difficult for me to consider these words are anything but the thoughts of human beings. I see no reason I should consider them revealed truths from the Creator of the universe.

If God were a just being I would expect him to judge everyone by the principles they themselves claimed to believe in (their level of hypocrisy), but, if he wanted to encourage learning his mind, perhaps give extra points depending on how close those beliefs matched God's own. If God wanted to encourage effort, he could give extra points to believers in religions that require more of its members. Perhaps an atheist who lived atheism with little hypocrisy could get as favorable a judgement as a theist who believed too many falsehoods about God.

It sounds funny to me to try to think seriously about the Creator of the universe worrying about little ol' me and everyone else. I would think he'd have more important things to do. I would if I were him.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins