Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'll Play Devil's Advocate Now

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on February 11, 2001 02:47:37 UTC

But at the same time, pseudoscience has in the past rocketed notions of existence forward. Like the ancient Greek (or Roman?) notion of atoms. Did they have any proof of these claims? No, it was just speculation. Did they have any instruments which could have measured these atoms? No, of course not. But they were right, at least in theory.

Some people will use this as a defense of God, which I disagree with. Peel the frills away and you get the argument "God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." A terrible argument, as illogical as it is hypocritical. One must take a moderate stance when presented with no clear facts.

I'm currently quite happy sitting on the fence.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins