Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Could You Clarify?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 27, 2001 21:01:27 UTC

with the 'Only a universe that can support life, in which life developed, could result in sentient beings who claim the universe was made for their benefit. A dead universe wouldn't. So, maybe it's just luck?'. I'm missing some context, I guess, and I don't want to err in my interpretation.

ps i don't know that the universe/earth was made just for man (this also may be a different take on what you intended to say, but i figured i'd add anyway while NEAR the subject...). Like, on tv i saw this fish that's at the very bottom of the ocean that is SO coolly decorated, makes me figure God had enough foresight to know that we'd get that deep SOMEday and can't allow us to be disappointed in him. :) genesis said he made all the stuff, said it was good, and then made man. you know how it is when you see a really NEAT bright bird or something and point it out even to the nearest stranger just because some things shouldn't be left unshared? i think god was itching to share all the cool stuff with someone with a brain and choice and intelligence who could REALLY appreciate it, folks who were designed to be creative, too. he coulda just shared it with angels to spare himself the heartache, but angels don't seem to be creative, just more like messengers/servants. but i suppose the heartache was worth it to him, like it is with human parents who really love their kids, not regretting a day of trouble for the opportunity to live love actively.

i'm really waxing sentimental here, sorry. i think it's cuz after 10 years of struggling with my husband for him to be allowed to visit his son, his son's old enough, lives on his own, and CHOOSES to correspond and call from over 1,000 miles away. i wonder what science might explain that, when it might be 'easier' to just give up and go on with life...:) it's a huge prayer answered, so i'm just really, really happy...

OK I'M SHUTTING UP AGAIN! BYE! haha

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins