Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Can We Trace His Genetic History?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on May 4, 1999 14:13:37 UTC

: Don't succumb to the confusions of the enemy.

: Read the Word. : Believe the Word.

: Jesus Christ IS the Way. : Jesus Christ IS the Truth. : Jesus Christ IS the Life. : No one can come to the Father except by Him.

: Jesus IS the atonement for our wretchedness.

: Pray for faith my brethren, and I will pray for you.

: -nåte

***I once believed wholeheartedly, so I can relate to your position and know that it is a good feeling to have something like that to believe in. I remember the confidence it provided me, the feelings of security, and the spiritually satisfying "knowlage" that I was fighting for the good side...

I do not hold this position any longer, and although my "fallfrom grace" has created many new obsticals and complications in my life, I would not trade them back in for what I had before, blind faith. There is nothing to it but a book of stories, many of which are based in part on historical events, people and places. This is my opinion of course, although I remember the days when I viewed the Bible, and the scholars and theologins as having provided me with "proof" of Gods existance. Now I sometimes reflect back and am amazed at the level of my past and even present gullability. To bad there is still so much violence, hatred, and death in the world, which religion cannot solve, or politics. And it is ironic to see how much of this suffering is as a direct result of these institutions. I am glad to say that I am still openminded, and that the possibilities for my children to live in a world free of these undesirable happenings is not out of the question. Indeed, I pray for this kind of environment and attitudes to develop during my lifetime.

***I am curious if there is any documentation of the continuation of Jesus's life or the lives of his family or reletives... genetically.

***Did you watch the NBC program "Noah's Ark"? I would have been so very offended had I still held my beliefs in Christianity. It was ridiculous, I cannot believe they made such a low quality represenation of this story and the philosophy of this period. What did you think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins