Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: God And Buddha...........

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on December 8, 2000 08:12:13 UTC

Then who is this Yawheh? isn't it a God named from Israel or from The Jews?

you wrote:
I believe that Even Buddha believed in Allah and was teaching the power of Allah from the beginning and eventually the people started worshiping the MAN Buddha (who was a messenger of Allah) in place of Allah or in addition to "The One God".

Answer:
If Buddha is talking what u had said the power Allah, then, it must be that u are talking the power of Mystic LAw, the great law of life that governs all life-phenomena in the universe. But the Buddha is talking the law itself and not with god or gods someone who controlled life and all beings. The law is not found outside the body of cosmos or in human life itself. It is "within" cosmos itself.
In BUddhism, you know, divided into 2 kinds: HINAYANA and MAHAYANA Buddhism. Furthermore, Mahayana(Northern) Buddhism is divided into 2, that is, the LOTUS SUTRA and other teachings.I have no doubt that u only familiar on in the HInayana Buddhism. It is this for reason that i consider it impossible to understand the vast network of teachings of the Buddhism or to grasp his true intentions unless one delves into the teachings of Northern or Mahayana Buddhism.
Now, It is characteristics of the pre-Lotus Sutra teachings both provisional hinayana and mahayana teachings that happiness exist somewhere outside this world and that one can attain it through Faith in a Amitabha BUDDHA. It is such a being and it is the Buddha who was descrbe in the sutra as living in Pure LAnd, found in western part of the universe. It's same with an idea of heaven in Christianity or paradise in Islam). And i find it inferior teachings. As we see, the idea of Salvation of God or Amitabha Buddha has its root in both East and west. And i have no doubt that your Q'ouran is no match with the Philosophy or the teachings of the Lotus sutra, the highest teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha.

you wrote:
Both of them Have the root to the word or name "Allah" or "Alleluyah". These names of God predate Buddha. Even Buddha has "ha" on the end of it which by sound sounds like "ha".

answer:

I have no doubt that even the name of Buddha have much influence in Islam. I do believe that what u are talking is that the Eternal Buddha which taught in the Lotus sutra, is what u are referring to Allah and what islam percieves with eternal Buddha is shallow to percieve of this ultimate reality. The Buddhism of the Lotus sutra is more profound and subtle that explains the nature of life and the universe.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins