Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh! And...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 23, 2000 01:38:31 UTC

one thing i feel is important to remember, because this theory brings to mind long ago when i saw illustrations of 'how a frog sees', based on having studied frogs' vision in great detail.

While I can appreciate that such studies bring forth theories which may, in the end, prove to be correct 100%, there still is the issue that, in the case of the frogs for instance, the vision/theory is being examined through the vision, tools, and thoughts of humans.

just like we can theorize what life is, what it is for, how things work, etc, but it will be in a human viewpoint. we are really merely ants on an elephant, seeking and touching our ways to truth. so if we humans can claim that 'this IS how a frog sees because my eyes are reliable and have proven it to myself', and even if we can manipulate life to clone/make immortals, we cannot produce whole planets and orbits and such. so why would it not be possible that there is one who did make them and tells us why and how and yet we cannot believe when we are surrounded by, and devote much time to, studying such evidence?

does any human know even 10% of all there is to know?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins