Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Scripture-consistent Cosmology

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard/">Richard on April 9, 1999 18:21:15 UTC

: Richard: : I think Greg missed the point of the String Cosmology. That is that the most recent observations of quasars indicate that the universe is definitely open and destined to expand forever and not cycle through a series of Big-Bangs. And that is precisely because the expansive force of the vacuum is stronger than the contractive force of all the mass in our universe. : Greg: : The most recent observations concern cephid variables and the fact that the Hubble Space Telescope's observations are not consistant with that of earth based telescopes suggesting that some Red Giants are older then the Universe, an obvious impossibility. This simply demonstates the need to recalculate the means for measuring the distance to the closest cephid variables which acts as the yardstick to determine the distance to all the others. 3K radiation itself is indicative of the Big-Bang and Superstring Theory has no experimental data to support it. It was first developed as a mental suggestion to answer a particular stumbling block in quantum physics, simply mentally suggesting the answers to the problems observed, but I believe some experimental data has suggested the answers lie elsewhere. The COBE satellite noticed small differences in the 3k environment and soon the MAP satelite will be launched which will measure and map precise minute differences in 3k radiation. This may tell us for certain whether the Universe is open or closed. For an indepth review of this project you can go to http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/big_bang.html and follow the links until you get some graphs and an explanation of the primordial universe. It seems the conditions during the first 300,000 years inhibited the travel of protons until the universe could cool off. Their circumstances up to the point of "last scatter" could tell us whether the universe is open or closed. To put it short however, all the mass in the universe was once contained in a singularity, and since matter can neither be created or destroyed, it's still here. This means it will return to the singularity from which it came, hence cycles of the Big-Bang. This is also the only means by which the Universe can be perpetuated Eternally, because if you have an open Universe, eventually it will cool off and die, for there is no Fountain of Creation. : Richard: : I agree that most eastern and western scripture speaks of what is apparently is a series of Big-Bangs. However, the picture of Krishna reclining on the serpent in the cosmic egg emitting universes from every pore is the scripture the modern scientific cosmology is consistent with. : I found Greg's reference to an exponentiating increase in consciousness interesting. I find no indication of an exponential increase in the scripture that describes a cyclical universe. However, multiple universes as in Linde's cosmology or Smolin's black hole cosmology automaticaaly yields an exponential increase in the number of universes. : I would be interested in a reference to the scripture that suggests an exponential increase in consciousness. : Greg: : The only view I can offer is somewhere in the Vishu is a view of Universes WithiN Universes, where this Universe is likened unto an atom in comparison to the next. Some consider this to refer to the state of existence now, but I interpret it to refer to the cycles of the Big-Bang. Can you perceive how ingesting(so to speak) the life force of all the Life in the Universe throughout the cyclic duration of the Big-Bang, would provide for an exponential increase in potential, perpetually providing for exponential increases in every cycle thereafter? Would this not be consistant with the soul being received unto God come the Hereafter? If God Creates Creation out of His Very Own CosmiC-SouL instead of out of nothing, and this were the source of the Big-Bang, this would provide the most efficient means for expanding His Consciousness, His Truth, and His Love, throughout the Eternal Void, Eternally. This would also provide for His Omnipresence and His Omniscience. Would you say such a view was less then Omnipotent? Nothing Naturally known, not even quasars, come close in potential to the explosive force of the Big-Bang, a view still expanding today some 15+ Billion years later even under the inhibition of Gravity. Does a thought have to be verified by scripture to be approved of? I have some interpretations of Biblical scripture which allegorically represents today's scientific understanding of several concepts, which I hope to share in a separate thread, I just wanted to get the lay of the land first. :o) Richard: NO. Big-Bang cycles imply more or less same size universes. Only multiplication of universes as in Krishna's, or Linde's or Smolin's cosmology can yield exponential increases in the total amount of universe, both size and number. Presumably total consciousness is roughly proportional to total space. Krishna actually suggests that the new universe is like an atom in the old universe. Are you sure the translator did not invert the message?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins