Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: ETERNITY OF LIFE..................

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on November 10, 2000 07:49:00 UTC

Yeah! I imagine what u are saying. It's Something a place u want to live a place better than this Earth where u can find a lasting life of peace and happines and live forevermore where u call it Paradise, right?. But i think it's something like only a fantasy, not real to be true.
Even in Buddhism (other Buddhist sect) there exist the idea that the faithful will upon dying reborn in a Pure Land,which can be found in the western part of the universe where the "Buddha" Dwells and where they live in Bliss and Glory and perfect enlightenment forevermore, which i think this teaching i consider is shallow or inferior teaching.
Though this idea has large following, it was first put NOT as a definitive theory of Life after Death, but as means of attracting people of Buddhism. SHAKYAMUNI's original purpose was to wipe away man's futile attachment to this world so as to be able to face the problem of DEATH directly.
True happiness is not born of escape; ecstasy based on Delusion does not continue. Enlightenment or Happiness comes from seeing the truth, no matter how unpleasant it maybe. Of course, Buddhism teaching us that there are many Buddha lands in the universe. This implication here means that not only the Planet Earth could have produced Life but there are many planets in the universe. Science is now looking that there are many planets like Earth where Life can be supported to live in and the Possibility that there are Intelligent beings like us or maybe more Intelligent beings than us. Tha'ts how advance Buddhism is.
In a truly genuine Buddhist teaching, it may be said that what we call "self" continues after we die. We'll i don't think of it as a formless like a soul anyway.....
To know more it carefully in a very understandable manner. I want to share with u about what our late 2nd President Toda to say on this matter. He says:
" We use the use the word "self" (to refer ourselves), but this world actually refers to the universe. When we ask how the Life of the universe is different from the Life of each one of u, the only differences we find are those of your bodies and minds. Youre life and that of the universe are the same".
We tend to think of the universe and human beings are separate entities, but Mr. Toda declares that they are identical in that both are entities of Life.
In True Buddhism, the "self" will emerged back to the universal life and it is waiting for it's remanifestation. Nicheren says: " When the time is right and the condition is perfect life will emerged " to form it's actuality in the phenomenal world.
About the concept of paradise, hell, heaven have something similar to some Buddhist teaching which i suspect whose thought exerted such an important influence upon Christianity in the Judaic world whom by German philosopher Karl Jasper pointed out.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins