Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sparrows

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 19, 2000 20:55:19 UTC

thanks for the apology, yet it still was a good reminder for me, as i do not wish to be/appear to be pretentious/self-righteous in any way. no offense taken - i am always open to constructive criticism! anyway, in the bible, the example of sparrows is given. there is food and water for them to find, none fall from the nest without him knowing it. 'sparrows are sold for 2 pennies - you are worth more than many sparrows'.

bladesinger (I like that name, by the way, do you joust or forge?) - i don't know even 1% of all there is to know. but i have seen the joy and love on the faces of new parents towards their baby. i find it difficult to be convinced, then, that our 'lifegiver' does not love each of us at least as much. nor can i think that all the wonders are 'happenstance'. if they are, then does that make scientists and hobbyists fools for a)taking any notice or b) trying to study and preserve and teach about them?

i think many wars would break out (and/or suicides) if folks didn't have the urge in their hearts and very souls to seek and find...
what do YOU think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins