Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: The Singularity Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Miriam Jansen on November 7, 2000 20:57:57 UTC

Allright, I like the idea of life but where you use the term 'life' I'd replace it with 'energy', I just think the term is more fitting. Anyways. What bothers me is how people tend to refer to GOD as HIM. Eliminated Comptetition? That's a human trait/action that would imply a .. uhh.. rational... humanoid? or some such being. God isn't supposed to be any particular life form, right? God is just a name we put on something we want to have power over us so we don't feel so helpless or lost. You can see here that I have no preferable religion simply because of some small problems like that. GOD is still refered to as deity, a singularity is a nice term for it, but then all these traits are applied to it. 'God created the universe' sounds so much as if there was this all powerful ghost form and it just waved it's hand and poof, we have electrons in a big bang and what have you. Here's to the question you posted, who designed HIM? well? what made up energy? The beginnings of energy? the beginning of Bing Bang? s'what science is all 'bout right? where does it all come from? Anyone gets what I'm saying here?

Well, for one, if there has to be an all powerful GOD I don't think anyone designed him, and if he really exists, Gosh, I'd be kinda lonely living like that. I guess that's what he has angels for? That's a bit off track there.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins