Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: The Singularity Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on November 3, 2000 06:06:27 UTC

I don't believe in the existence GOD, but i believe in the power of "Mystic Law" that governs all life-phenomena in the whole universe. It is the force and wisdom inherent in the entire cosmos, which itself the source of all physical and spiritual phenomena.
If u would say God made it so.That leaves open, of course, the question of wher God came from or who designed Him.
Buddhism alone, i believe, provides a saticatory explanation. The universe is designed for life because, at its entirety, the universe is life. Space and time, which define our physical universe are not the framework for life; they are components of life, Expressions of LIFE.In writings of Nicheren ,whom i follow his teachings of Buddhism, once wrote that life cannot be destroyed in any way, and has no boundaries, it occupies all space for all time.
In fact our life in its " spiritual nature goes beyond the framework of space and time and consequently cannot be confined within the ordinary limits of existence and non-existence. Here it find the Buddhist concept of "Ku" or the truth of non-substantiality ,which trancsends the dualistic distinction of exitence and non-existence, as one aspect of " character and essence of all things".

to be continued.....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins