Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Evolution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by evol on October 17, 2000 00:51:16 UTC

I have read several chapters of the bible and Genesis being one of them, I do not remember the part about life starting in the ocean? Please can you give the direct location of that part.
I also believe that the theory of realitivity can easily explain the first 15 billion years of our universe into 6 days, only recently has our inertial frame of reference been created. But the fact is that for four of those days earth was created and our frame of reference did exist, the earth was rotating and day and night had been established. The bible states that man came first (again if you have the place in Genesis please tell me so I can correct myself) but evolution says that man were one of the last (according to age of earth) creatures to be created, and certainly we didn`t evolve into an image of God but into a creature that is the most well adapted to survive.
I agree that every Christian is not born into christianity, (that part was vague and generalized thanks for the correction) but those people were influenced by others or an event that for some reason or another they believed was God`s will. But the choice to switch to christianity is not self created it is introduced and mis-understood to be truthful because of someone, something, or some event that said that God must have intervened for you to still be alive. It all comes back to your enviroment and any sources that you choose to belive along the way.
I wouldn`t give that copperfield guy that much credit though. Jesus was obviously good at influencing people and making them believe what he wanted them to. It is posssible that "miracles" could have been mis-interpreted and documented incorrectly and that Jesus was not dead when he was removed from any cross that he apparently "died" on. It easily could have been a hoax.
I`m not a material person I like to think of myself closer to a philosophical person that makes decisions based on the reasoning, evidence, and credibility of any one side of an issue, Science makes more sense and does have solid grounds on which to base its thinking.

John

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins