Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Saving The Human Race And All We Are Partners With

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on August 19, 2000 17:48:23 UTC

I wonder if expanding the space programs of the world as a joint effort toward a realistic backup survival plan for the planet would create enough intrests in a same direction to allow disagreements between nations to be overcome.
A joint longterm effort such as this would require the creation of an entirely new system of infastructure/economics and I think would be beneficial if it were built with the needs of our worlds issues as the most important determining factor used in the design of it.
What I mean is that it would consider what is needed to create a balance between the needs and desires of ourselves and the environment.
The new technology to be gained from such a venture in itself would make it worthwhile, and at the same time hopefully would give many other important/needed changes in politics/worldview, as well as a new kind of purpose and hope for the individual human being regardless of thier belief.
One area which might benefit from such changes is the area of personal religious beliefs and thier importance over the institutional menus people have preformed to chose from today.
Basically, it would allow alot more leeway in solving issues of major concern today, such as those you have mentioned and others such as finding acceptable solutions in all of todays hotspots.
If we could organize an event simply for the realistic discussion and planning of such an undertaking, I believe its beneficial future effects would be realized and worked toward officially long before it gets to the point of absolute necessity, and we would then have a good jump on it if and when it does come to that.
Being a part of the effort you mentioned must have given you alot of insight into how such a proposal could be undertaken? Would you consider it a possibility at this time?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins